Thursday, February 24, 2011

More artwork from Erica (:



Here's a set of three paintings/transfers that I made. They have some pretty little beads on them as accents (: My favorite pic is the one at the top. It's got indians at the top, a peppermint lollipop on the left, and a cute little girl at the bottom. I textured the bottom part of that canvas to appear as if the girl is wiping away at the painting.

This next one is a self portrait that I had to paint for class. I thought it would be more interesting to paint an Elizabethan style portrait with the bright washed out/serious look. I listened to Alanis Morissette's "Uninvited" the whole time I painted it...I like to think it came through in the painting (: 

I painted this one last week after being inspired by a weird dream I had. It's about 2 1/4 x3 feet. I painted it with acrylic paint, but I also used red, yellow & blue tissue paper and lots of newspaper. The mountain is entirely made of newspaper and so is the large tree on the right. Then I painted over them with black, white and gray paint. Also, the horse's shadow and the sun/moon/planet thingy are drawn with oil pastels. I still may make a few changes to it before I gloss the whole thing, but I haven't decided yet...any suggestions? (:

Okay, so this one's pretty wild. I had to make a name painting. So the letters of my name are hidden on the naked disproportional girl. Haha "E" is in the hair, "R" is the neck, "I" is the boob and arm, "C" is the hips and "A" is the little thong. Haha Then for my last name, Norwood, I attached a piece of wood with big sparkly letters. "NOR"-"WOOD!" Haha Not my best artwork, but weird enough to Maybe glance at Once (:

Here's an oil painting on wood of my beautiful friend, Katie! I found a pic of her on facebook and painted it using oil paint (:


Here's a mirror that I made using ribbon and silver lame'. I sinched the lame' with white thread after attaching it to a piece of foamcore, then I placed it inside of a foamcore frame I cut and then wrapped and stapled ribbon around. I made it for a Design 2 project where I had to make a "soft statement." It's exactly to scale with a mirror I bought at Hobby Lobby. My "soft statement" was about women and their distorted images of themselves, like thinking you're overweight or that something is wrong with your face...It's nice looking into This mirror when you're feeling ugly, because you can Barely see your reflection! ha (: It's a little over 1x1 foot.

I carved this out of balsa foam. I wasn't sure what to carve with, so I used 2 different screwdrivers. They worked pretty well (: Then I painted it with white acrylic paint and glossed the whole thing! (:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment on my blog, so nice to hear! And I LOVE those first three paintings, great textures. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete