Thursday, February 24, 2011

More Mixed Media Paintings by Erica (:





These all started as acrylic gel transfers, then I drew on them with oil pastels and then painted on them with acrylic paint. They're all painted on wood canvases. Oh, and some have pretty little jewels on them (: The one at the bottom has tall trees on it with little birds flying around. The one second from the bottom has boats on the bottom half, and the one above that is probably my favorite. It's from a Botticelli painting. I cut the two women out before I transferred the image, and also transferred torn pages from a book over dried blue paint to create a sky full of backwards words. You can see an image on the lady on left's head. It's a smaller image of the entire picture. When transferring my image on, I left that bit of the page on there so it would appear as if we could see into the lady's mind (: If you want to know anything about the top 2 images, just ask (: And if you'd like to know How to make paintings like this, ask me. I'll give you a detailed explanation (:

No comments:

Post a Comment