Monday, February 21, 2011

Some more of my artwork :)

This is Alicia again. :)  I took some more pictures of some of my artwork. I love using bright bold colors. Sometimes mixing colors can express an idea far better than an actual picture, or at least that's how I feel. :)


This cross picture was really fun and really easy to make. I went to Hobby Lobby (when all the crosses were 50% off) and I bought a few different kinds of metal crosses. This cross was my favorite because it was so elaborate. First, I blobbed baby blue paint all over the canvas, then dropped little blobs of white, dark blue, and gray in random sections across the canvas. Then I used a sponge to mash all the colors together. Starting with big blobs of paint made it easy to create texture across the whole canvas. Then, before the paint dried, I laid the cross down, spray painted over it with white spray paint, carefully picked up the cross, and it was finished! This painting took no time at all, but has turned out to be one of my favorites!



This one was really fun and easy to make as well. I just propped the canvas up at an angle, and starting at the top of the canvas, poured out blobs of paint, letting it run down the canvas. I used acrylics and spray paint, and the different textures of the paint helped in adding dimension to the final product. :)






Now this last one is just a picture I took from inside my car. I thought the water droplets on the window made such a pretty picture. I really want to frame this and put it on my mantle!

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE the middle painting!!! it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Caitlin! And I think the last photo looks so interesting with the water drops!x

    ReplyDelete